- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Surgery
Doctor of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University
General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University
- General Surgery
- Benign breast disease
- High-risk screening
- Oncoplastic surgery
- Multidisciplinary surgical resident education
- Chairwoman, Breast Program Leadership Committee, Providence St. Vincent Hospital
- Peer Review Committee, Legacy Good Samaritan, Portland, OR
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, OHSU Dept. of Surgery, Portland, OR
- Chairwoman, Medical Advisory Committee, Breast Division, State of Oregon Breast and Cervical Cancer Program
- Steering Committee, Ruth l. Spear Breast Center, Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, Portland, OR
Dr. De La Melena is a breast surgical oncologist specializing in the surgical management of breast cancer and benign breast disease. She has a special interest in oncoplastic techniques, including skin and nipple sparing mastectomies. Having been part of a general surgery practice for a number of years, Dr. De La Melena has a unique perspective on the special concerns of breast cancer patients. Her practice philosophy hinges on the belief that the best breast cancer care is a partnership and team effort between patient, surgeon, nurses and physicians from different oncology specialties. Each brings a unique perspective, energy and enthusiasm to treatment planning which leads to improved outcomes.
Dr. De La Melena immigrated to America when she was ten. She is a wife and mother of two young children.