Prostate Cancer Survivorship Resources
- Cancer Care—Coping with Cancer: Tools to Help You Live
- National Cancer Institute - Facing Forward: Life After Cancer Treatment
Possible Physical Side Effects of Treatment
Fatigue - can be an issue for weeks or up to months after treatment. It is known that exercise at a moderate level, 4 to 5 times a week for up to an hour a day can improve and slowly decrease fatigue.
Chemo Brain - over the past few years, a lesser-known side effect of cancer treatment-- the cognitive dysfunction commonly called "chemo-brain" has been recognized.
Sexual Dysfunction - can be anything from erectile dysfunction to decreased libido, to decreased flexibility of tissue and lubrication.
- Prostate Cancer and Erectile Dysfunction
- Coping With Impotence From Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Prostate Cancer: Sexual Function After Treatment
Bone Health - Take steps to prevent osteoporosis during prostate cancer treatment.